Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Embassy Update!

We received an email from the US Embassy last Friday, Feb. 10th stating they are requesting an interview with our kiddos' aunt. We were expecting this so we were certainly not surprised. Our agency requested Feb. 28th, but the embassy scheduled it for March 7th. Needless to say, we are super disappointed that we have to wait an additional 3 weeks. By the time we return, our kiddos will have been waiting nearly 3 months for us. I keep wondering if they think we have forgotten about them. It is a frustrating and helpless feeling!

However, there is a silver lining to the wait. Most likely we will be traveling back to Ethiopia during Jordan's spring break. We are planning to take her with us again since she wouldn't miss any school. We feel blessed that both of our trips to Ethiopia have been during school breaks.

We are also considering gambling....we are considering booking our plane tickets now with the assumption we will receive clearance immediately following the interview. A travel agent has found some tickets for us that could be changed if needed. Is it worth the gamble in order to be there quickly???? We are also checking into whether or not the kiddos' aunt could stay in Addis 2 extra days until we get there. So many decisions to make!

And........once again........as it seems to be in the crazy journey of adoption........we wait some more!! Hopefully this will be our last "wait"!

No comments:

Post a Comment